Are you a foodie, a travelholic, or like to share your experiences? Feature your writing on Cyprus.com!
The New Cyprus.com: What You Need to Know
Cyprus.com has relaunched with a new platform, the features you’ve always loved, plus a few great new ones!
It’s been a while, we know…
First of all we’d like to apologise to our huge user and business owner community for going AWOL for a few months. We’ve been working vigorously on migrating the portal to a new and much improved platform, taking advantage of the latest technologies in web design and portal development.
While we took a short time-out from maintaining the old site and posting regularly, we were developing our new platform to cater to the needs of our valuable users and business owners. In the meantime, traffic on Cyprus.com has been at an all-time high, reaching over 1 million unique visitors in the last 12 months.
Finally, the New Cyprus.com is now a reality and we’d like to share with you some of the highlights:
- Fresh New Look – Clean and elegant
- Responsive Design – Cyprus.com looks great on desktops, mobiles and tablets
- Re-engineered Search – Find what you’re looking for faster than ever
- Redesigned Company Profiles – Your business will look amazing! And with new features:
- New layout with hero featured image
- “Open Now” indicator
- Page builder with beautiful visual options (lists, checkboxes, accordion, gallery, video
- Advanced map with directions
- Add Coupon (Premium)
- Facebook Messenger chat integration (Premium)
- OpenTable integration for restaurants (Premium)
- Redesigned User Dashboard – Pick a profile and cover image, and manage your listings and notifications
- New Blog – Better layout and design
- More to come!
If you had previously created a user account on Cyprus.com and had posted a review or claimed a business before November 2017 * then your user account should still be here. Just follow the steps below to reset your password and access your account:
- Click the user icon on the top right of the page
- Right above the Sign In button, on the right, click the Lost your password link
- Enter your email address (the one you used for your Cyprus.com account) and click Reset Password
- Check your email inbox (and spam box) for the password reset email. Open the email and click the password reset link
- Enter your new password and save
- Login using your email and new password
That’s it! Your account should be intact and you should be logged in. You nay see some notifications generated by some of our tests – you can ignore them.
* If you weren’t active in the past on Cyprus.com, or have created your account from November 2017 onward, we kindly ask you to create a new account on the new website
Business Owners and Claims
If you had previously created a user account on Cyprus.com and had claimed your business before November 2017 then your user account and business claim should still be here. Just follow the steps above to reset your password and access your user account.
Once you login, your business claim(s) should appear in the My Listings tab.
If for any reason you cannot see your listings, please find them on the site and claim them again by clicking the Claim My Business button and providing your phone number.
What Has Remained the Same
- Adding listings is still free of charge. You can submit an unlimited number of listings forever
- Claiming and managing your business listing is still free of charge
- There is an option to promote your business for 30 days. To see the various promotional options, find your listing in your User Dashboard under My Listings and click the Promote Your Listing link.
What Has Changed
- Adding Events is no longer free of charge. We found that many irrelevant events were added on the site, that affected the user experience negatively. If you are a business owner who wishes to promote your event, there is a €5 fee for one event, or a €300 fee for unlimited events, both one-time costs
- If you believe an event should be included on our site for free, please contact us with more information about it
We will be posting a few tutorials with information on new features and options, so watch this space in the next few weeks for updates.
If you experience any problems, please contact us or send us an email at email@example.com.